How to Extend Wi-Fi Range Using Wireless Range Extenders
There are so many users of the WiFi who do face greater sum of trouble when it comes about the speed of the WiFi and wifi signals range. Either the speed is slow or the speed is not present within the location of the WiFi signal strength. By the way of this post, we will be having a detail discussion regarding how you can extend WiFi range by using the wireless range extenders.
How Do WiFi Extenders Work?
As you will be searching around you will be finding so many types of wireless range extenders. There are one type of the wifi range extender that uses the mesh technology. This type of extender is much placed inside the enterprise deployment and will be hence establishing with a connection to the network. Plus, it also act like the AP. Wifi Range extenders works by receiving the original wifi signals from the source wifi, amplifying it and transmitting it to the other areas of the house where normal wifi signals doesn’t reach. On the other side, there are some of the devices that do has the extender that referred to as wireless extenders. For the beginners, using the wireless range extenders is not less than a headache.
Fixed vs. Mobile Wifi Range Extender
Most of the companies produce wireless range extenders with long cords. You need to plugin to power supply and place at certain location which is good for receiving and then propagating the amplified wifi signals. This is a fixed setup.
However there are manufacturers that produce Mobile devices that can be mounted on any powersupply source, to avoid long cords. They are mobile because the can be used anywhere without the need of much setup. LinkSys Ac1900 Gigabit Wireless Range Extender and Netgear AC1200 Wifi range Extender are two good wireless range extenders of such type.
Finding the Best WiFi Range Extender:
While purchasing a wifi device special attention should be given to wireless range requirement. Otherwise you might end up purchasing a wifi router that is not able to send wifi signals across every part of your home. Some of the users do face the trouble that if they are using the internet outside their home or in garden then the WiFi signal strength is poor. This made them think about the ways of increasing the range of the WiFi by the way of using the wireless range extender. These days the demand of the small boxes is getting readily increasing in the market. The main purpose of these wireless range extenders is that it is helpful to extend the range of your WiFi signal by boosting it and re-transmitting it. As you will start searching the wireless range extender for your WiFi then you should be sure that it has the following mentioned features
Tips for Using Range Extenders
1. The extender box or Wireless range extender should have the two button set up feature. You should watch out for the product that is readily accessible with the CD or software.
2. If you are finding a product that has the combination of WiFi box and the expander have WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) then you should opt it without any second delay. This will allow the systems to get into conversation with each other and take care of the setup.
3. You should give attention on matching the frequency as well. If in case your WiFi router is running at 2.4 Ghz or 5Ghz frequency band, then you should make sure that you the wireless extender frequency also matches. If you don’t have any choice then you should boost up with the short-range 5Ghz signal that will be stronger.
4. Now you would have a question in mind that where you have to locate your extender so that you would be getting the best signals! You have the options of placing it near the WiFi box, far away from the box or at any corner of the house. You can even look for the extenders that give an indication of signal strength. This will assist you in finding the right location.
5. You should make the choice of the powerline adapter that will be helpful in creating the wired connection from your router box. You can do this by the way of existing electrical system that is hence already built into your house.
Consider these things while opting for a good wireless range extender. This information will help you compare and chose the best range extender that will be sufficient for your networking needs.